Depuis le 16 mars 2017 : retrouvez-nous sur notre nouveau site sur www.tiez-breiz.bzh !
Tiez Breiz in English
Here is an article issued in n°5 Brit-Mag magazine which presents our association.
Here is an aid to the restoration of old buildings you can print:
RENDERING AND JOINTS IN OLD STONEWORKLime is the only material to be used in old masonry:
- Lime was the main binder used until the end of the 19th century. It is still the best binder suitable for old masonry whereas cement is totally to be banned.
- According to the different works to be executed and weather conditions, the best choice is:
- Either natural lime "aerienne" adhering in the open air,
- Or natural hydraulic lime which sets with water and the open air.
SANDSSand represents 80% of the mass of mortar:
- The quality of mortar depends on the voice of sands: origin, size of granules,
- The use of local sands helps restored building to be integrated into the landscape.
MORTAR MADE WITH NATURAL LIMESand is the basis of mortar whereas the finest parts help its plasticity and contribute to mechanical resistance. Lime gives transparency enhancing the colour of sand which is used.
The characteristics of old buildings are due to different, usually local materials and the professional skill of the craftsman. The different substances used (shape, size, distribution, the use of local sands, colour) give a personal touch on walling. It helps restored buildings to be integrated into the landscape.
Best online blackjack casino games https://onlineblackjack.money/games/.